Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Response: Mag+


I'm in both the Magazine's Across Platforms class and obviously the Advanced Design class so learning about Mag+ was really exciting and important to me. I couldn't believe have simplistic the entire process really is. I think it will take some time getting used to designing for the iPad instead of designing for print, but overall it looks like it can almost be easier for designers to work with the iPad than orginally expected.

Yesterday, in Magazine's Across Platforms we played around with some iPad's, and I think actually seeing what other publications are doing with the iPad makes it easier to envision what our class can do with Vox and our prototypes. I noticed that yesterday I was already thinking about how not only Vox stories could be enhanced online, but how much more they can be enhanced with the iPad. We can add tour dates for bands featured in Vox as a link on the iPad, with audio soundbites. Have interactive photos and so much more.

I'm so happy to getting this type of experience before I graduate. It's a valuable skill and I think once we start using Mag+ it will be even easier to envision what's possible on the iPad.

No comments:

Post a Comment