Wednesday, March 2, 2011

You Can't Miss: CMYK designs and cakes

I was looking through some posts on designing magazines, and I found a post about how CMYK is trending right now in design.
Spread from designing magazines site.

When I was looking through Popular Mechanics and Men's Health I noticed there design is also very CMYK. I'm sure it's not 100% CMYK, but it's pretty close. 

Take this months cover of Popular Mechanics for instance. While it does have builds of different blues, it has the true highlighter yellow and hints of cyan. Throughout the magazine there are mostly cyans and yellows, with other hints of bright green. Men's Health is the same way with the cyan and yellow. I know that these colors probably aren't true CMYK, but it's interesting how this is trending right now.

Because of my love for the Food Network I decided to look into cake designs from Charm City Cakes. Ace of Cakes is one of my favorite shows on the Food Network. They make amazing-looking cakes. Have a look at the stuff they do, it's unreal. 


1 comment:

  1. I am also a huge fan of cake-designing shows like Ace of Cakes and Cake Boss. The things ideas they come up with are great, but it's even wilder that they are able to execute them and the wildest is that they are edible! I also love how the design of the cake takes on the personality of the client, just as our designs take on the personality or the tone of the story we are designing around.

    ReplyDelete