Wednesday, March 16, 2011

You Can't Miss: Comic Sans Criminal

This is funny. It's a site called Comic Sans Criminal. It's all about the evolution of Comic Sans and people's use of the font. You really just need to go to the site; it's too hard to explain.

This week on designing magazines I found a post about folios. The guy that maintains the site writes that in his opinion, folios are not something that should ever be touched or changed. Ever. This "page furniture" as the Mag+ instructor from last week called it, shouldn't ever be touched by a designer because it is meant to stay the same issue to issue. However, I disagree. I think if there is ever a special issue that the publication is putting out, then why can't the folio change? Wired changed their folio to coincide with their Star Wars themed issue. Maybe it's just me, but I don't see a problem with it as long as it doesn't change every month.

1 comment:

  1. The Comic Sans website is fantastic. I think one of the problems with the typeface is that people use it all the time for no good reason. A friend once told me that he thought it was the default font you turned to when you didn't want Times New Roman. I made an "ick" face and told him to just e-mail me when he wanted to switch typefaces.

    ReplyDelete