Wednesday, March 9, 2011

You Can't Miss: TOC



Designing Magazine's doesn't update their blog that much. Actually they haven't updated since June 2010, so it's safe to say they don't update it ever. Every week I'm greeted by the same stuff on the home page and I'm forced to rifle my way through old posts until I find something worth blogging about that's not outdated. Today I found something that probably won't ever go out of date - The TOC (Table of Contents).

The post talks about the many different types of TOC's. In Editing we learn about the TOC and how it appeals to three readers, the cliff-notes reader, the person who uses it as a index and the person who still needs to be sold on the publication. However, personally I agree with Designing Magazines that the TOC is the most looked over aspect by designers and readers.

The post talks about how the TOC is very important when it comes to a redesign, but afterward it's a second thought. Desgining Magazines sees the TOC as only being there for advertisers, not for the reader at all.

Personally, I never really look at the TOC unless I'm super interested about something on the cover. I prefer to find things on my own, but I'm trying to make an effort to not skip over it anymore.

Book Nook
I seem to find a lot of furniture stuff lately. I thought this book nook was very cool. It looks so inviting. It's basically the essence of curling up with a good book.

1 comment:

  1. My blog isn't updated that much, either. Bummer. That reading nook is SWEET, though.

    ReplyDelete