Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Critique: 30 Under 30

I am currently in the works for 30 under 30. I'm kind of going for this retro vibe. At first I wanted it to be old-school movie poster like, but now I think I'm going to try out a few things and see where it take me.

I like the idea of the big arrow to lead readers into the story. It just points them in the right direction and gets their eyes moving with the story. I decided to organize my story by individual. I didn't want to break them up into categories because I thought that might pose problems in the long run when it comes to diversity.

I'm going to finish up the design tonight and I'll post finished pictures when I'm done working on the project.

Here's the basically finished product:

2 comments:

  1. Christina, I really like how this turned out. You splash page is awesome and I like your retro theme, and even though you weren't chosen, it will make a great portfolio piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how you did the cover. One thing I struggled with when it came to the cover was not singling one of the thirty out or giving them special attention, and I think you accomplished that by only showing the outline of a person. I also really like the typography you used; it's really playful and matches the tone of all the silly studio shots.

    ReplyDelete