Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Critique: Nosh designs

Now that the final weeks of school are quickly approaching that means putting our finals prototypes to bed. This week my group has been working hard to get our book finalized. We laid out the entire magazine in order to finalize a page and ad count. Our book will be 48 pages not including the cover. I can't wait to finally have a hard copy in my hands.

The recent struggles that have risen lately have to do with word count on stories, cutting text to fit and writing small blurbs of display copy. These next few days will present a challenge while we finally work out all the nit-picky details of each page. Right now I'm working on a cover for the prospectus, perfecting my feature and redesigning one of my department pages. The peach department page doesn't seem to fit in with the rest of book when they were all finally side-by-side. I'll post the stuff I have right now and show the final pages later in the week.



2 comments:

  1. Your Nosh designs are looking great!!I can't believe we're at the point of finalizing our magazines. I think your departments are well organized and clean cut. They're very appealing. From what I can tell, it looks like you accomplished cutting the text to fit. I'm excited to see the final product.
    Thanks for the site with the website designs. I included something similar in my blog. I think they will help a lot for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow these look great! I think you've found a lot of really nice photos that work well with the stories. That mac and cheese one is making me hungry!

    ReplyDelete