Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Response: Mini-Portfolios

I'm excited to get started on my mini-portfolio. I think it will be a lot of work deciding exactly how I want to layout my portfolio, but I once it's finished it will be nice to finally have everything bound together in such a professional looking book.

I think I want to have the larger square portfolio that is dimensioned at 7.5 x 8 inches. It's a good size and it displays the work in a pocket-sized proportion that isn't too small, but still doesn't make the work look larger-than-life or awkward.

The way I plan to organize my book is by all Vox stuff, then all Meredith stuff then other stuff. Within each category I'll break everything down by cover, feature and department. This will help me keep everything organized. I know for sure that I want the left side to be a blank page with words that describe the work. I also know I only want one design on each page.

As far as a resume is concerned I'm not sure if I want to include it in the portfolio because it might look too cluttered. I know I will include my contact information for sure though.

No comments:

Post a Comment